Department Chairs and approved staff contacts have direct access to all of the results for every question asked on the course feedback survey. They also have access to powerful online tools that enable them to generate custom reports.
Please make sure to complete the following when setting up department course evaluations:
- Review course information. Are all your courses and sections listed? Please note: courses without any student enrollment will not be listed or evaluated.
- Review instructor information. Are the instructors listed correct? Are multiple instructors listed? Are your TAs listed?
- If applicable, are your department questions listed and setup for the correct course(s)?
- Review your course cross-listings. If applicable, are your courses correctly cross-listed?
- Verify that the evaluation start and end dates are correct (for session 4 courses especially).
- Email email@example.com with a list of courses you do NOT want to be evaluated.
*Please go to the course you wish to change the primary instructor before watching the video or following the step by step instructions..
1. Find the course you wish to make changes and click on the number in the # Classes column.
2. Click the icon in the Edit column.
3. Type in the UNid of the instructor you want listed as the primary instructor in the field Teacher ID. To save changes and finish, click Update.
* Do not change any other information than the UNid. Doing so may negatively affect course surveys. Call or email us if you've made a mistake.
After the UNID has been changed, follow these steps to make sure the right teachers will be evaluated.
1. Find the course you want to modify and select the number in the column # Classes.
2. Find the section of the course you want to edit and select the number in the Teacherscolumn.
3. To remove an instructor from the course survey, check the box by their name in the left hand column, then click Remove Selected Instructors (arrow 1).
To add an instructor, type in their UNid in the box above the right hand column, then select Add (arrow 2).
To add a TA, type in their UNid, then select the drop down arrow above and select TA. Then select Add Selected Instructors (arrow 3).
4. After making your changes, click Return to edit class screen.
Please note, this is only relevant if your department has already created question sets. To have a custom question set for your department and its courses, please email us. If you want to make changes to an existing question set, please email us with the changes you would like to make (any additional questions, etc.).
1. Select Survey Results under the Reports header.
2. Select the semester in which you wish to view feedback.
3. Select the department.
4. Find the course you want to view feedback and select Reports (red arrow). If you want to change the semester, do so by clicking the drop-down arrow at top (gold box).
*For information about individual instructor reports, please watch this video.
Get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (801) 585-1976.