Boot Camp 2019 will take place May 6th - 17th and July 8th - 19th
Welcome to Boot Camp! This two week event is for faculty members ready to integrate technology into their courses or switch to a fully online format. CTLE consultants will assist with everything from designing online class activities, assignments and rubrics, and building resources in Canvas.
Each day we present a variety of teaching approaches and engage attendees in discussion
and activities, with opportunities to engage with faculty from a variety of disciplines. Flexible
afternoons allow for one-on-one meetings with consultants and instructors, technology demos (e.g., set-ups
for lecture capture, computer labs), and use of the Faculty Center for individual course
Cost: $250.00 per person.
Breakfast and lunch provided.
Located in the Marriott Library Faculty Center (MLIB 1705) - no parking is provided
Sessions are capped at 20 attendees.
- Course planning and design
- Identifying learning goals
- Planning learning activities
- Creating formative and evaluative assessments
- Review of best practices in online teaching
- Review of basic Canvas tools and functions
- Constructing effective online modules
- Building community online
- Active learning strategies in an online environment
- Developing effective online presentations
- Integrating audio and video into a course
- Evaluating course designs