To register, click on the session you want to attend.
Registration fee: $225
Do you have a course you want to enhance with technology or move to an online format?
Would you like to devote time to integrating technology into your course?
Have you been assigned an online course to teach that requires new preparation?
Boot Camp is for faculty members who are ready to integrate technology into their course, or even switch to a fully asynchronous, online format. CTLE consultants will assist with everything from designing online class activities, assignments and rubrics, and building resources in Canvas. You will also have opportunities to engage in discussion with faculty from a variety of disciplines.
Each day we will present a variety of teaching approaches and engage participants in discussion and activities. Afternoons are flexible, providing opportunities to meet individually with consultants, take advantage of technological resources (e.g., set-ups for lecture capture, computer labs), and use of the Faculty Center open space for continued work on course design, etc. Lunch is provided. Each session will be capped at 20 attendees.
- Course planning and design
- Identifying learning goals
- Planning learning activities
- Creating formative and evaluative assessments
- Reviewing best practices in online teaching
- Learning basic Canvas tools and basic functions
- Constructing effective online modules
- Building community online
- Active learning strategies in an online environment
- Developing effective online presentations
- Integrating audio and video into a course
- Evaluating course designs