Boot camp is sold out.
Do you have a course you want to enhance with technology or move to an online format?
Would you like to devote time to integrating technology into your course?
Have you been assigned an online course to teach that requires new preparation?
Thanks to all who attended our May and July Boot Camps. Working with consultants from CTLE and Teaching & Learning Technologies faculty members from a variety of disciplines learned to integrate technology into their courses, and worked to finesse class activities, assignments and rubrics for the coming academic year.
Check back here in March for our 2018 Boot Camp dates.
Each day we will present a variety of teaching approaches and engage participants in discussion and activities. Afternoons are flexible, providing opportunities to meet individually with consultants, take advantage of technological resources (e.g., set-ups for lecture capture, computer labs), and use of the Faculty Center open space for continued work on course design, etc. Lunch is provided. Each session will be capped at 20 attendees.
- Course planning and design
- Identifying learning goals
- Planning learning activities
- Creating formative and evaluative assessments
- Reviewing best practices in online teaching
- Learning basic Canvas tools and basic functions
- Constructing effective online modules
- Building community online
- Active learning strategies in an online environment
- Developing effective online presentations
- Integrating audio and video into a course
- Evaluating course designs